HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- In order for us to provide you with the best possible Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Sensitive information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race.
- Contact information such as current private and/or business address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address and physical address.
- Payment information such as your credit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details.
- Usage of the Products and/or Service .
- Recording of calls placed by you to our help desk, LiveChat chats you have had with our operators and/or Tickets you have placed for our service enhancement and improvement.
- For general web browsing, although no personal data is revealed to us, certain technical and statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider such as cookies, your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit.
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are electronic packets of information stored on your computer and used by websites to keep track of visitors and registered users, and this is one of the methods of uniquely tracking visitors for different purposes. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used to access the website. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can change your browser setting either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our website and you will not be able to take advantage of all the features presented on our website.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- We may obtain personal information about you in a number of ways, such as:
You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but we may not be able to provide you with our products, services or benefits or you may not be able to login to our platforms or use certain features without such information.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have about you, and to request us to make correction of, update or delete the information
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- when you shop at our online store;
- when you participate in our events or promotions;
- when you apply for or use our membership card or participate in any of our loyalty or promotion programs;
- when your register an account with us;
- when you participate in any surveys or marketing campaigns;
- when you login to visit our websites, user our mobile applications or view any of our social media pages;
- when you contact us whether in person, by phone, by email or via any social media platforms, to make inquiry or provide information;
- When verifying your identity; and
- When you subscribe to our marketing or promotional materials.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- communicating with you;
- verifying your identity and any accounts you have with us;
- administering any loyalty or other marketing, promotional or corporate programs that we are involved in, including providing you with the benefits that you are entitled;
- processing your orders for products and services you place with us (such as maintaining your shopping cart, attending to billing, payments, refunds and delivery arrangements);
- handling and responding to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints;
- conducting customer surveys or organizing events for customers;
- providing you with customer service;
- conducting analysis to help us better understand our customers and to
improve our services and products;
- customizing the information displayed on our shopping websites/apps and social networking/media platforms to create better customers experience;
- designing targeted promotional offers;
- conducting advertising activities, including targeted advertising;
- conducting direct marketing activities;
- fulfilling our obligation to maintain records of processing activities;
- meeting legal, regulatory or compliance requirements, dealing with inquiries from law enforcement or regulatory bodies or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice; and
- any other purposes directly related to any of the above purposes.
- We assure you that pbs will not provide or sell your personal information to any third party and will keep all information confidential. However, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
INCOMPLETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Law enforcement agencies.
- Government agencies.
- Companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers.
- Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for.
- Our merchants and/or strategic partners that provide Products and/or Services which require personal information disclosure.
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information.
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent.
- Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
- We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.If you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or if you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, not relevant or not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by emailing to email@example.com. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want to correct.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request.
- Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity, when information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations. If you do not wish your personal information to be utilized for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
When you create an account in pbs, you are automatically subscribed to receive transitional notices, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered pbs. To unsubscribe from our newsletters and promotional mailings, you may press the links provided in promotional email messages sent to you or contact our support.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself (or any other person whose personal information you provide us) and for making sure this personal information updating and correcting it by email to email@example.com. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
- . We will periodically review the personal data we hold. We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the Purposes for which the personal data is to be used, and delete any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to, or where otherwise required or permitted by law.
While we will endeavor to permanently erase your personal data once it reaches the end of its retention period, some of your personal data may still exist within our systems, for example if it is waiting to be overwritten. For our purposes, this data has been put beyond use, meaning that, while it still exists in the electronic ether, our employees will not have any access to it or use it again.
- We are committed to protecting our users' personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymization, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the pbs Services.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
03 - 9171 6266
No.17-1, Jalan Danau Lumayan
Danau Lumayan Business Park
Bandar Tun Razak
56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia